Are you a business executive looking to take your career to the next level, but not sure how? Do you feel like you have reached a dead-end in your career? Is your work environment starting to feel stagnant, and lacking in opportunities for professional development or growth? Or are you a business owner who is not able to achieve the level of sustainability and profitability that you had hoped for? If so, then it may be time to hire an executive coach.
Here are some of the most common signs that it is time to seek the help of a coach:
- You are getting indirect negative feedback from your team or your direct reports. The internal surveys reveal that the way your team sees you is not the same as the way you see yourself, and you are both surprised and puzzled by this. You want to understand this disconnect so you can fix it.
- You are not meeting your goals. Whether on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis, you are not hitting your targets and you cannot pinpoint the reason why.
- You have problems with time or budget management, and you feel things are getting out of your control.
- You have frustrations or problems with the attitude or performance of your team members, or you have trouble communicating your goals and delegating tasks.
- You feel stuck in your business or career, or you are not getting the raise or promotion you hoped for.
- You have issues with confidence or self-worth when it comes to your work.
- You have limiting beliefs that prevent you from reaching your full potential.
- You are at the top, which can be lonely. You don’t have a confidante that you can talk to, who will challenge you and be completely honest with you regarding any areas you need to improve or work on. Your employees would not be able to be honest with you, for fear of losing their job!
If you can identify with any of these issues, then hiring an executive coach is a great idea. As we shared in our previous blog on Professional Certified Coaches, an executive coach is someone who helps an individual become a leader or enhance the leader they already are. They help an individual move forward and align their life and work with their values to live a more fulfilling life. Your coach will ask the tough but necessary questions to clear the cobwebs in your mind and life, thereby bringing out the answers that are already within you. Together you will be able to map out and create the actions needed to start on your journey towards true fulfillment and success.