Have you ever stopped to notice how your body feels when you take the time for meditation? Lots of people don’t. We get so hung up on our thoughts that we often forget to stop and notice how our thoughts make our bodies feel.
And look, it’s easy to understand. So many people experience a lot of mind chatter during meditation. Sometimes it’s anxious thoughts about to-do lists, dinner plans, and overdue projects. Other times we spend our entire practice thinking about what we should or shouldn’t be thinking. Many of us get frustrated. We think we’re doing it all wrong because we can’t seem to stop thinking.
But here’s the thing. Meditation is a mindfulness exercise. The goal is not to stop thinking. It’s to slow down and BE with your thoughts.
- Notice them.
- Acknowledge them with compassion.
- Don’t judge them.
- Pay attention to how they make you feel in your body.
- Let them move on.
- Focus on any patterns that emerge when you finally slow down.
- And again, just notice them.
Despite what so many people think, there is no wrong way to meditate. There are no bad thoughts, feelings, emotions, or reactions to meditation.
The point… is simply to notice.
Ready to give it a try? Every Monday morning, Larisa does a FREE mediation session via Facebook Live! The great news is, you don’t have to sit and wait for her to go live…you can turn on the notifications by following these simple instructions:
- Go to the Strong By Nature Wellness on Facebook.
- Hover over the Following button.
- Next to Notifications, click the pencil icon (edit button).
- Under Posts, if Standard or Highlights is selected then you will receive Live video notifications from the page. If not, make sure they are selected.
Take action today…there’s no better day than TODAY to find your peace.